Monday, September 26, 2011

Enjoying the Rainy Season!!

Hey Fam,
Ugh well its been quite a week. The week right before changes and the week of changes are usually super hard, but we seemed to make the best of this one right before changes. We got to do some divisions this week and so I got to go back to my old area, La Reforma, for a day and that night for dinner some of the families that I loved so much were there waiting for me and made me a super amazing dinner. I miss all of them soo much. I never got to say goodbye to them when I left so I got me some pictures with them.
Were starting to get into the harder more heavy part of the rainy season so weve been getting really wet, despite the fact that we have umbrellas, they dont seem to do very much for our pants and especially shoes as you can see in the pics I sent yall. Thursday was the Independance Day for Honduras so there were all kinds of parades going on...nothing like what they are in the states... instead of throwing candy to kids, the kids are told to stay away and the cops stand at the sides of the street and get all kinds of crap at them. Its scary, they take advatage of using these marches to say what they want to say and do all kinds of un called things. It really makes you miss the perfectly safe parades that they do in the states.
We had a lot of good things happen this weekend though. We were on divisions once again on thursday and me and and Elder from El Salvador, Elder Barrera, went with me and we went to a new part of our area and found 6 new people and 2 new families. Sadly only one came to church but it makes you feel good at the end of the day when you felt like youve done something. Sunday turned out being a really awesome day. We only had 2 investigators in church, and the recent convert recieved the preistood yesterday and was super excited. The lady, Sarahi, that showed up to church on her own 2 weeks ago now, who sadly we tried but were not able to meet with her, she showed up alone once again and in the investigator class began crying about how her dad is in acoma, but was able to say that if she decided to get baptized, he will be there to support her in what she decides to do. The best thing about her is that the lord really has called her and shes a chosen, and that the doubts are not in baptism at all, its more that she wants to know perfectly these things are true before she takes any steps, we explained to her Alma 32: 16-19 cuz she believes in everthing we have taught her, but for some reason is scared to ask God, if the Book of Mormon is true. We had a great lesson with her after church though. Shell be baptized next month though for sure... thats the faith anyways.
Everything is going really good here in Honduras, changes are this week and me and Elder Neilsen are definately ready for some new Elderes. Some of these guys are just tremendous and it seems theres nothing we can do to get them to work sometimes. Our area is getting better though as long as the rain lets up a little bit.
I love you all very much though and I want you all to know that!!!
Take care
Till next week!!

Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment