Sunday, May 29, 2011

IN THE BIG CITY

Hey Fam,
Well youve been waiting im sure to find out where Im headed. I got the call tuesday night when I was already packed up and ready to do, they told me I am going to the Capital City of Tegucigalpa... My new comp is named Elder Wasden from ID, He is actually in the mission office right now getting his Honduran Residency taken out and I dont remember what city hes from and we never did take a picture of us both.. for next week though. I was excited to leave but at the same time really sad cuz loved my last area and the people soooo much. I just didnt wanna leave the south yet becaus the south.. is just a different world and the people are so much different. Just in my first couple days here in the City... its been 15 times harder to get into the houses of these people. The last missionary that was here was sick of the area and was not a very good missionary im having to put Elder Wasden back to work and were having to really look for new people. Its super hard to get into these houses. In the south we never had to climb hills or anything like that, its all flat and not that im in the city, this whole city is just hills and climbing all over the place but its really good exercize I guess. For the first time in my mission though I am in a WARD wooooohh! We have a beautiful chapel too, ill work on getting some pictures this next week, I just try not to take it with me every day cuz were in kinda of a dangerous area where missionaries have had problems before. I cant even explain to you guys how huge of a blessing it is to be in a ward.. ah its like heaven. We have an incredible bishop that actually goes out and works, and visits with us and theres 8 x-missionaries in the ward, including one that went and served in the Boise ID mission, he speaks perfect enlish.. they are all part of team of ward missionaries too that help us a ton, every friday we visit with them, its awesome. For the first time on a sunday we didnt have to do anything to get the church or sacrament ready, the members actually did it. All we had to do was get the couple investigators that we found to church and the members were already there and had everything ready. My comp thought I was crazy when I was just super excited to see members working and helping us cuz thats all hes seen, and he seems to thing they dont do much but its huge for me. I love this new area. Its called La Reforma (The reform) or something like that. The members have their specific nights where they give us food and its all free, i was like an 18 year old girl with $1000 when I heard that the members gave us food, and for free.
I dont have much time right now cuz I gotta go get my comp from the office and buy some stuff today too but just know that I am super super stoked about being in this new area and house. Its a whole lot colder here though, I already have kind of a cold, runny nose, and sore throught cuz of our freezing water showers but I love it!!!
I love you all and want you to know that im super happy!!
Happy birthday Dani, your letter is on its way!รง
Love Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment