Sunday, March 6, 2011

No Changes

Hey Fam,

Well yeah me and my kid didnt have any changes this week. So im gonna end up bein with him for 3 months at least! Its been good news though because we are really starting to get along a whole lot better now! Ive just had to get over the simple little things and just laugh with him and its been really fun! We are really having fun together right now! All that weight I put on in Valle de Angeles im starting to really burn off. Iv been kinda sick this past week because of something I ate that my stomach didnt like and me and Elder Lopez have started doing workouts together at night and our house is just a sauna at night if your not seated right by a fan so im able to get a good sweat goin but Ive definately lost some weight here in the south!
This week was an interesting one though... on Tuesday night there was an earthquake at like 10 at night and we were both seated at our desks writing in our journals and for about 15 seconds there was just a constant shake, after about 10 seconds we both looked at each other but sure enough it was a little earthquake and I think the first one ive ever felt in my life but it was kinda cool! Also I haven't seen rain in a good 4 months or so and just completely random there was a big rain storm that came in and rained super hard for about 2 hours and then just a ridiculous heat came in. The roads were soaked afterwards but its just kinda crazy how it is here in the south, because after rain is when it gets the hottest... ugh I cant even describe it, it was cool though, i never thought id say id miss the rain after what happened to me and Elder Broderick in Sabanagrande but I miss it.
On saturday we had a huge activity with 4 different areas and had a big soccer tournament from 10 in the morning until like 2... they told us if we got some investigators to come we could play at least a game... wow biggest mistake of my mission haha we got 2 guy investigators to come play with us so I jumped in and played for a little bit and that sun saturday just cooked me! Im sending two pics from Saturday and I KNOW.... Im WHITE but its been almost 11 months alright!
The best news of the week though is that we got Nelson and Osiris, a couple that weve been teaching for a while and we couldnt get them to commit to get married.. they accepted and got us everything that we needed to be able to get everything ready for the marriage and then Nelson is planning on getting baptized after too, so if everything goes good we will marry them on the 11th of March friday, My Birthday, and then baptize him on saturday the 12th! We were super stoked when we met with them and talked them into getting married!! I didnt necessarily see that coming, but at the same time I didnt want to give up on them! Im hoping that Osiris his girlfriend will like the baptism and decide to get baptized but her family is super catholic but we will see! They get along really well with us so I think we will do it! Just with time. Were looking at baptizing 2 other 12 and 14 year old kids on the 12th so were excited that were finally seeing a little bit of success from all that weve done!
Thats basically all the update that I got for this week, weve been plating soccer all morning and this heat is just deadly and im starving now but I want you all to know once again... that I love you so much! I love seeing your pics and finding out how all you are doin!! Wish us luck, rather keep us in your prayers on getting everything set up for this marriage to go through!!

Love you all!!

Love Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment